Monday, January 14, 2008



InCaseYouDidntKnow is reporting that Charlize Theron says that smoking was the key to her successful career. Apparently she wouldn’t have gotten her role in The Valley of Elah if she hadn’t been smoking in an alley with writer/director Paul Haggis. They quote her:


“I kept on running into writer and director Paul Haggis when we were at an awards event. He was there for his film Crash and I was there for North Country. We were the only two losers in an alley, smoking. He said, ‘I’m going to write a film for you.’ And he did.”


Charlize Theron seems plagued by this inability to deal with the fact that she’s actually beautiful. She plays freakish gorgon after weird assed freak just to prove that she’s not just a pretty face and that she’s a serious actress. Consequently, it’s not surprising that she’d come out with a line like, “I lost an award in an alley and so I went out to smoke with another award loser” anecdote. What an issue to have; that you’re too beautiful for people to take you seriously. Ooooh, my bleeding heart. Puff away dear.


In fact, why not staple a synthetic goiter to your neck and see how you go? I kid, she’s great. Good on you for smoking. Thanks. [source]

No comments: