Friday, January 04, 2008

For some reason I really never thought Britney would truly have a breakdown or put her own life in actual danger because for the most part, I thought she was just breaking free of her parents in a more or less standard way. She was having a little backlash because she’s been in the American celebrity cage for such a long time. It never seemed like anything more than a delayed, slightly more intense session of teenaged rebellion.
Additionally, I figured she’d buy the sadness off by spending money every minute and by racing around with the paparazzi. That should have kept her busy. It’s the American way. I’m so completely unsure what to think now that the American way has been revealed to be flawed. I mean, who could have imagined that an icon of sparkling squeaky clean perfection could actually melt.

And yet, here we are.

OK! Magazine (isn’t it ironic that OK! is the one reporting seeing as clearly, everything is not actually OK! – HA!) reports that the course of events was like this:

11:32 a.m.: Britney, in a bright fuschia halter dress and heels, arrives over 90 minutes late to
her final chance to give a court-ordered deposition in her custody battle with ex-husband Kevin Federline. She is only able to be deposed for approximately 14 minutes.

12:20 p.m.: Brit arrives back home at her gated community, The Summit. Her sons are there for their scheduled visit, as is a court-appointed monitor.

7 p.m.: K-Fed's security team arrives to pick up boys Sean Preston and Jayden James and bring them back to their father's house. When there is a delay in releasing the boys, Britney's assistant, Carla, makes excuses for the pop star. However, it soon becomes clear that there is a problem. At some point, 2-year-old Sean Preston is removed from the house, leaving only little Jayden inside with his mother.

8 p.m.: The police are notified of a custodial situation at Britney's house and officers are dispatched to The Summit. But when they arrive, they find that the court-appointed monitor, who has been locked out of the house, is not in possession of the paperwork required to allow them to enter Britney's house.

9:20 p.m.: K-Fed's lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan arrives at The Summit with the required paperwork. He and five police cars enter the gated community and drive up to Britney's house.

10:30 p.m.: More than a dozen police officers, as well as two ambulances and a handful of fire rescue trucks are now on the scene. Sometime before 11 p.m., Britney's cousin Alli and Brit's assistant Carla leave the house, leaving Brit alone with Jayden James.

11:45 p.m.: Britney is taken out of her home strapped to a gurney and placed into an ambulance, which is escorted by 13 police cars with sirens blaring to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, arriving at approximately 12:30 a.m. Jayden is brought to the hospital in a separate vehicle. [source]

No comments: