Friday, February 29, 2008


The Food Network’s Robert Irvine, who is the host of Dinner Impossible, the show where he’s dropped into a scenario where he has to cook some massive meal like dinner for 480 vegan nudists in the Amazon jungle, has been fired because he apparently lied on his resume.

Does anyone in TV get fired for anything real these days? Irvine said he designed Princess Diana’s wedding cake and worked for 4 presidents. Apparently he may not have. Those are some pretty outrageous claims to make if they aren’t true. So, my question is: wouldn’t you check and see who actually did design Diana’s wedding cake? Like, say you’re the producer of the show and you’re about to hire someone and they say they did all this shit and it all looks great, you’d verify a few things before you went to print with it, right?

I mean, I’m actually going to right now type Who Designed Diana’s Wedding Cake? Into google.com and I’m going to find out who actually did it. Ok, so admittedly, I couldn’t find out through google but I did find the recipe. Still, just call the Royal Family’s PR people and find out. Wouldn’t you do that before you spent a shitload on PR?

Aside from that, who gives a shit REALLY? I mean, it’s not like he’s a doctor. He embellished a lied to get a job on TV. That’s totally never been done, I forgot. Plus, the guy is like an army commando chef. He actually gets the freaking insane jobs done really well. Wouldn’t that be enough to keep him on?

I never thought this kind of thing would happen to someone other than Rachel Ray actually. Well, maybe I was fantasizing about that. Maybe I was simply fantasizing that Ray would lose her job for immense bitchery and then she’d explode out of her flesh and kill an intern by eating it. Because, she’s a dragon type thing underneath all that human perkiness, we know that officially, right?

Poor lying Robert Irvine. This is almost as bad as Jayson Blair at the New York Times. I just don’t know who to believe anymore. Oh, wait, yes I do. I went through this yesterday. Anderson Cooper is now my God again. [source]

No comments: