Wednesday, February 06, 2008

As was more or less expected, the toxicology reports on Heath Ledger’s death state that he died of an overdose of a whole universe of prescription medication and the implication appears to be that it was accidental. It seems like the accidental part of this is completely unfounded. Like, you could never tell whether it was accidental or not and that it's far more likely that people are just happier to dilute any negativity surrounding his memory because he didn't completely suck like say, Anna Nicole or Paris Hilton (I mean, if she were dead...god forbid).

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," medical examiner's spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a press release.

Just on first glance it seems unusual that he’d be prescribed ALL those at once, especially seeing as most of them are sedatives - I mean, what is one doing that the other isn’t? AND if he was full of all those it seems even more unlikely that he wasn’t sure what he was doing when he ingested them ALL at the same time.

I heard from people who knew him that he was looking like a complete wreck just before he died. As in junkie junkie junkie bad.

No comments: