Wednesday, June 25, 2008



Anderson Cooper was interviewing a panel that included Rev. Al Sharpton last night on CNN and he danced delicately about the topic of his apparent pending damnation to Hell. Sharpton said:

"I may have some very conservative personal feelings but I feel you have the right to live your life differently. I may think that what you do Anderson is gonna put you in Hell, but I'm gonna defend your right to get there."

Anderson laughed it off like a cocky political science major and said: "I appreciate all your concerns about my afterlife. I'm personally not all that concerned, but that's a whole other discussion."

Of course we all know that Anderson Cooper is going to Hell for being a homo so there’s no real need for argument there…

Al Sharpton seems to have lost a little weight since he was tap dancing for votes on Saturday Night Live last federal election. He’s lost a little weight and his hair is less shiny. The more he speaks the more obvious it becomes that he’s often a blowhard politico rather than a Reverend. I’ve never heard a Reverend deem themselves irrelevant by saying that he doesn’t care if someone chooses to go to Hell so quickly as Sharpton did.

God, religion is absurd. Someone was wearing a t shirt at the gym last night that read “God is Great” and I just thought, “What an inane thing to wear”. I mean, everything else about that guy’s life is grunt level dealing with the chaos of daily life and reality and all of a sudden he wears a t shirt that says as absurd and abstract as “God is Great”. God being God. Like, you know…God. On a t shirt.

Ok whatever. So, the point was Anderson Cooper giggled off another probable reference to him being a butt pirate and consequently, I will take a wild guess that the girls over a gawker are all a twitter. Oh look, I was right.

No comments: