Wednesday, September 03, 2008






Lily Allen and Elton John were presenters at the GQ Awards in the UK and, predictably, Lily Allen was drunk. She wandered on stage to get her champagne and then started to slur Elton John. Here’s the dialogue they had:

As Lily told fans: “And now to the most important part of the night," Elton replied: “What? Are you going to have another drink?”
Allen retorted: “Fuck, off Elton. I am 40 years younger than you and have my whole life ahead of me!”
It led to her co-host alluding to both of them having a cocaine habit, as he boasted: “I could still snort you under the table.”
At this point Allen simply told him: “Fuck off. I don't know what you are talking about.”


The video of the above can be seen here.

Lily Allen is the boring, suburban, low rent version of Amy Winehouse. They’re both English pop women who pour massive amounts of toxins into their bodies and behave badly but it’s so clear that Amy Winehouse could wipe Allen out with one swing of her beehive. I guess, also, because there are shards of broken glass in her beehive and they will cut you quite deeply without any initial shock. It’s the immediate flow of blood after that that shocks you.

Allen recently threatened to go on holiday soon because she has essentially nothing else to do and I’m thinking that could be a great idea. I did like her album but she’s been a right tosser ever since. Actually, maybe she needs a reality TV show. Yeah, that would solve everything…great…give her an…um…yeah. [source]

No comments: