Monday, September 22, 2008



Here’s Michael Phelps on Jimmy Kimmel in a skit that, I guess, adequately sums him up. He walks around and everything else around him makes use of his completely statuesque brand of fame. He cashes in, the audience thinks he’s great and even though he’s does basically nothing in this skit, it’s still his best performance yet.

As long as we’re going through the motions of acting like he’s capable of everything under the sun, can I say that I really do think he’s got a weird mouth? He offsets it by have a rockin’ body and by sometimes wearing a baseball hat cocked to the side which makes him look like an all American frat boy asshole – which again, probably ups his market value. And of course, by being an undeniable Olympic champion. Look at that, see…I had to throw that in or I’d feel like I wasn’t a team player. It’s sort of like the Olympic celebrity version of “Support the Troops”.

Sincerely though, he’s a valuable commodity and he’s playing the game well. In that same line of thinking, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again – when will Paris Hilton zero in? It’s only a matter of time.

No comments: