Wednesday, May 14, 2008




Posh Spice has been quoted as saying something and all I can say is thank GOD:

“All the men that like me are gay. It’s true. I have a really strong gaydar. I do love gay men though,” The Sun quoted her, as saying.

And while my first reaction to this involved a really complex and strong excitement that firstly Posh is arguably able to think and secondly that she’s speaking again in public at all, my main reaction to this is, how, exactly, is this news?

Mildly chaotic, emotionally needy, demanding, looks obsessed ex-pop star whose face implodes at the sight of a camera is liked by gay men. Isn’t that about as obvious as saying “Man has cat for pet” or “Breathing saves lives”?

Of course your average gay man is obsessed with Posh. Straight men can smell a mile off that when there’s sex involved the inner tuna flows out of Posh like hot water running out of a tap and once you’ve gone there with her she’ll bleed you dry. Without sex, she’s just a dehydrated, lipgloss smothered inflatable doll in hideous belt-like dresses.

The type of gay men who like Posh are actually only shrill, jittery, idiot L A based stylist/publicists or over compensating diva wannabe retail queens – I mean, we’re not talking about people like Ed White or, well, me – and I don’t equate myself with Ed White but I mean, let’s just get some perspective here. The intellectually lethargic among gay men like Posh. Although, it really depends how fame hungry and celeb mad the gay man is. There was a piece on gawker written by a journalist who is gay about how glam and cool Ann Coulter really is. I mean, give them a chaotic woman in dark sunglasses and a gay man is anyone’s.

So, in short, Posh Spice has realized and says that gay men like her and that made the news in the UK. Then, the story was picked up all over the world – like for instance – the Times of India which is the story that I am linking to here and I, for one, am manically thrilled. [source]

No comments: