Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Today in Extraordinarily Odd


According to a report released by US researchers, if you add Magnolia Bark to mints it will kill off the vast majority of odor causing bacteria. That’s all very well but, and not many people know this, often bad breath is cause by the fact that the breather’s soul is actually rotting slowing in their stomach and the fumes rise up slowly and exit the mouth. That’s what that smell is, it’s not bacteria swimming around in a mouth, it’s actually the gaseous emissions of a dying soul. Soul. Death. Smell. Horror. For that you need…um, actually, I don’t know. Maybe art? Yeah, art is the real cure for bad breath. Art and mint and now, apparently, Magnolia bark. [source]




A new study has shown that there’s a type of fish called the Mangrove Rivulus that lives in swamps that span the Americas that can actually survive out of the water for several months. The article suggests that when and if their habitat dries up they can live in logs. The only thing I really take from this is that I’m actually now more distrustful of fish than I’ve really ever been in my life. I mean, if they can hang out in the daylight, what’s to stop them from indoctrinating children into their immoral life choice. Nothing. These fish need to be brought to justice and studied. I like my fish in the water or soaked in a mild vinegar type marinade so they are ceviche. I would really prefer scallops to fish with ceviche anyway so, actually just in the water. Which these fish aren’t necessarily. I cannot make sense of this. [source]

No comments: