Monday, November 19, 2007


Jonathan Rhys Meyers was just arrested in Ireland for being drunk at the airport. They wouldn’t let him on the plane he was so drunk. Whenever I’ve had a couple of martinis before getting on the plane, I tend to keep myself together while getting ON the aircraft just because airline staff can be catty bitches.

The trouble with Jonathan Rhys Meyers though, is that underneath that astonishingly beautiful exterior there lurks a flouncing mincer drama queen over actor. He’s good in the Tudors but you can tell he’s really being reigned in by the seasoned director. I mean, even though I couldn’t get enough of Velvet Goldmine when I was 20, watching it now makes me cringe at his bad acting. He’s almost as bad as I would have been.

He seems to have this ocean of chaotic weirdness in him that’s being held together by his management. Plus, he’s probably gay as well so there’s that added stress. He’s got the random girlfriend and the conspicuous make out items in the gossip press that spells it out pretty easily.
Mind you, you’d have to be pretty damned messed up to get arrested for drunken disorderly behavior in an airport in Ireland. [source]

1 comment:

Rusticissimus maximus said...

"you’d have to be pretty damned messed up to get arrested for drunken disorderly behavior in an airport in Ireland."

Never a truer word spoken! Being from Cork myself, and Ireland being, essentially, one big hair salon, everyone knows everything about everyone else.

So it was hardly shocking when one of my housemates turned out to be JRM's old neighbor from the pre-fame days and was able to confirm all the rumors about him and his guardian/much much older lover.

And he doesn't just flounce when he's acting...I've seen him in real life and there was much flouncing to be had there too.