Thursday, November 15, 2007

LIES





The story from days ago about how Paris Hilton was in Tokyo to shop and to save elephants from getting drunk turned out to be a fake. It’s a shame really, because as I said, it was really the most interesting component of Paris’ current public persona. [source]






Also, and this is rather tragic, the store Serendipity 3 which is where you can go to drop $25,000 on a Guinness Book of Records accredited freaking bowl of chocolate ice cream was just shuttered by New York City Health inspectors because there were mice and rats and cockroaches everywhere. I can understand that happening in Brooklyn at this place near my house that sells ass kickingly good tacos because it’s out the back of a bodega. They charge like nothing and it’s like you walk into a closet that, instead of taking you to Narnia, takes you to Mexico. It really does feel like you walk into another world. They have Mexican radio playing and Mexican soda and everything has that countryside grit on it. I just love it. I saw a mouse there once and I sort of just let it go. I guess I did that because I like that there are these little Mexican woman creating authentic cheap food and they always stare at you as though they’re trying to figure out if they can get a greencard through you. Funny, I sort of look at them that way on a deep dark level so I understand their focus. Plus, it’s not obnoxious. $25,000 for chocolate is obnoxious even for Manhattan.



Serendipity 3 has no place being vermin ridden. Maybe if they spent a little less time showboating their ludicrous dessert, they would still be around. SHAME. GREED. SHAME (oh, I said that.) It bears repeating. [source]

No comments: