Thursday, August 21, 2008





The Post reports that Bill Clinton celebrated his 62nd Birthday on Monday night in Las Vegas and it leads by saying that Cher helped him. So, ok – that’s fine except how?

The story goes:

CHER helped Bill Clinton celebrate his 62nd birthday Monday night in Las Vegas, where the ex-president was attending an energy summit. Clinton also dined at Craftsteak in the MGM Grand with oilman T. Boone Pickens and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). Cher, a lifelong Democrat, is playing Caesars Palace through October. Before he flew west, Clinton, whose actual birthday was Tuesday, celebrated at new restaurant Allegretti on West 22nd Street with Hillary, Chelsea and her beau, Marc Mezvinsky.

According to their story, Clinton ate with T Boone Pickens and Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid at Craft Steak. I mean, obviously – I copied the text above. When did Cher rock up? From what they’ve printed, she didn’t actually have any role in his birthday celebration at all. She was just in the same city. By that rationale, I helped Ryan Phillippe celebrate his pecs and ass when I was in LA last. I was there, he was too. He’s always had a rockin’ body. All the pieces fit.

You know, it’s little things like this that make me think Page Six isn’t as scrupulous as it could be. I mean, they could be implying anything here. In fact, I don’t even really feel confident I know who Clinton ate with. I am ok with the fact that he might have had a 300 dollar steak though. I’ve been to Craft Steak and you can genuinely order steak that costs 300 dollars. You can also order 75 dollar mashed potatoes. They’re actually covered in truffle shavings and honestly, I just think that’s ridiculous. I had them but I still thought it was ridiculous. [source]

No comments: