Tuesday, October 14, 2008





Madonna’s new film, Filth and Wisdom premiered on the weekend and there are all these photos of her doing two things. One, she is wearing these high heel shoes where the heels are made of small guns and two, she has a barely visible moustache.

It’s the second thing in that list that I find the most intriguing. At least, if you’re playing a game where you have two things and you have to choose which of the two is the most interesting. I’m fairly certain some people would not mind about the moustache but I’m not one of those people.

I actually don’t care if she has a moustache and goatee at all. She can exhibit whatever physical attributes she wants to and I actually expect her to. What I find interesting is the enormous response to it online and the fact that her film premiered and the coverage of it that I’ve seen is so much less than the coverage of her moustache.

It would seem to me that someone as savvy as Madonna would be atuned to things like this primarily because this is just the kind of thing that takes focus away from the film itself. Considering it was her film premiering, I would have thought she would step to it and make everything work. Apparently that’s not the case. Why didn’t she know that America wouldn’t be able to focus on her film if she had fuzz on her face? I can’t believe I just wrote that.

Consequently, here we are being forced to read about Madonna’s moustache and I still have no idea what kind of response people had to the movie. [source]

No comments: