Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The New York Times has this lovely little feature that allows you to submit a word that encapsulates how you feel about the election. It's here. I thought about it and put in the word "alien" because it's weird being so close to the epicenter of this historic moment, knowing that other people are going to vote because they can but not being able to. It's like I have no role in it even though I know it is a defining moment of our time and I will remember this time for the rest of my life.

It's fascinating actually because you can choose to only see words that McCain supporters have submitted and they are invariably words like "resigned", "angry" or "apprehensive". The Obama supporters submit words like "hopeful", "patriotic" and "proud".

Astonishing. [source]

No comments: