Wednesday, July 23, 2008



Gosh, it’s all extraordinary drama over a camp “Dark Knight” with Christian Bale apparently beating his mother up in a hotel room – which I simply don’t believe for some reason, call it a gut reaction not unlike the one I had when Cynthia Nixon apparently got breast implants, AND also the Dark Knight is raking the dough in faster than any other film in history by clocking up a staggering $158,411,483 in its first weekend but more of that later.

The story is that Bale was actually arrested and released on bail for getting angry with his mother and getting into a verbal fight. Also, he could be depressed over the loss of Heath Ledger who co-stars with him in the film.

Either way, this is essentially the first potentially douche bag thing Bale has ever done really and it reeks of exaggeration so I’m prepared to let it go. I’m prepared to let it go also because I feel like I’m traveling through time right now. I’m not tired but I am.

The thing that sticks out in my mind about the coverage of this “Bale hits Mother” story is when Perez Hilton wrote:

Christian reportedly went ballistic, screaming "I will kick your ass", amongst other harsh things.
Several hundred people - cast, crew and extras - heard the outburst.
Not cool, Christian.
Not cool at all!


God, Perez is fat and annoying. Just reading those words you can tell he’s speaking slowly and emphatically with no irony whatsoever just so he can buy himself enough time to look around the room to see who is actually worth talking to. For his career. As a fat talker. [source]

No comments: